ARRIVAL IN LEH
- After arrival at Leh Airport, you would be transferred to hotel for check-in. Today you are free for leisure & acclimatization. This way you can explore the Leh town and also become familiar with the high altitude climate. Overnight at hotel in Leh.
LEH TO SHAM VALLEY
- After breakfast you drive downstream along the River Indus on Leh â€“ Kargil Highway. Enroute visiting Gurudwara Patthar Sahib Nestled deep in the Himalayas, A drive of another 4 km took us to Magnetic Hill which defies the law of gravity & further Driving through a picturesque landscape we reached the Confluence Of The Indus And Zanskar River, Just before Saspul a road to the right takes you for your visit to the Likir Monastery, Likir is one of the most active monasteries in the region. As you drive up to the monastery a recently installed colossal gilded image of the Maitreya out in the open is one of the most impressive sights in Ladakh. After visiting the Monastery you continue your drive along the River Indus to or Uletokpo or Tingmosgang enroute visiting Ridzong Monastery, there is the option to walk up to the Monastery for those that wish to do so. Hidden at the end of a steep valley, the first view of the Monastery is dramatic. After visiting above places we drive further and check in at our camp / hotel for overnight stay.
SHAM VALLEY TO LEH VIA LAMAYURU (180 KMS / 05 â€“ 06 HRS)
- Post breakfast you drive to the 11th Century Lamayuru Monastery enroute visiting the mesmerizing Moon Landscapes (you will believe why the name of this area is Moonland. Exactly the same formations of Land are visible as on the moon), Lamayuru is spectacularly located along the valley plain and surrounded by mountains on all sides. On your return drive to Leh you first visit the Alchi Gompa. The complex of temples located within the village is the most celebrated of Ladakhâ€™s monasteries and dates back to the 11th century. After visiting Alchi we drive back to Leh. Finally you arrive back at Leh for an overnight stay at your Hotel.
LEHâ€“NUBRA VALLEY VIA KHARDUNG LA 18,380 FT. (120 KMS / 4 â€“ 5 HRS
- Today after an early breakfast you would be driven to Nubra Valley. Enroute visit Khardung-la-pass, the highest motorable road in the world at 18,380ft. Nubra Valley is popularly known as Ldorma or the valley of flowers. It is situated to the north of Ladakh between the Karakoram and Ladakh ranges of the Himalayas. Arrive at Hunder & check in at Hotel/Camps. Later visit Diskit Village & enjoy the Camel ride on sand dunes. Dinner and overnight stay at Hotel/Camp.
NUBRA VALLEY â€“ LEH (120 KMS / 4 â€“ 5 HRS)
- Today after breakfast, drive to Leh after following the same route via Khardung-la. Check in at Hotel upon arrival. At evening explore Leh market for Shopping. Overnight at hotel.
LEH TO PANGONG LAKE â€“ 13,930 FT. (160 KMS / 4 - 5 HRS â€“ ONE WAY)
- Full day trip, after early morning breakfast we leave for Pangong Lake enroute visit Thiksey morning pooja, where one can see the monks on their daily routine through Changla pass (17,586 ft) world third highest motorable road in the world. After 2 hrs of drive you reach to Changla pass, stop for a short period for photography. Drive ascending towards Pangong reach Tangtse where you can relax for a cup of tea/ coffee. Leaving Tangtse for Pangong you pass through few small villages of Changthang and finally you can have a sudden view of the Pangong lake situated at 13,930 feet. This famous high altitude Lake of Pangong is 5- 8Kms wide and over 140 Kms long with 30 % in India and 70% in China. This large, serene lake forms a brilliant color variation including deep blue, dark green, turquoise,etc. After spending some time at lake drive back to Leh via same route. Overnight at hotel.
PANGONG LAKE TO LEH (180 KMS / 5-7 HRS)
- Morning at leisure to explore the beauty of lake and later we drive back to leh enroute visiting Hemis monasterya, the largest monastic foundation of Drukpa Kagyut Order of Tibetan Buddhism. Drive further to Leh and check in at our hotel for Overnight In the evening you can stroll around the market place for some last minute souvenir shopping.
LEH TO AIRPORT
- After early morning breakfast transfer to Domestic Airport to catch the flight for your onward Destination. Fly back with the sweet memories of Ladakh.